Re: DOC for Mac OS shown for Emacs compiled for X.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: DOC for Mac OS shown for Emacs compiled for X.
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 02:23:43 -0500

    Then we need to include symbols from all w32 files also.

To make it fully platform-independent, that is necessary.

                                                              But the patch
    doesn't make the DOC file dependent on platform, it just makes the
    Emacs binary selective of what it reads from it.

I did not realize that.  In that case, I take back what I said.
However, what does the patch do?  There is nothing in the DOC file
that says what file each doc string was read from.