Re: library-specific customization files?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: library-specific customization files?
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 02:23:50 -0500

    : I think that multiple customization files, each associated with a standard
    : library file, could make it easier for users to keep track of things, and
    : easier for them to adapt to new Emacs versions. Making this optional would
    : be important, because for some users this might be more confusing than
    : helpful.

I don't find this idea appealing.  Moreover, it is distracting
attention from what we really need now, which is to debug the many bug
reports that have recently been reported.

Would people please postpone this discussion until after the next
release, and turn attention to debugging some of these bugs?