Re: compilation-mode makes the buffer read-only

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: compilation-mode makes the buffer read-only
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:01:23 +0100

Saluton,

Stefan <address@hidden> skribis:

> The recent change that makes compilation-mode buffers read-only breaks
> C-u M-x checkdoc-current-buffer RET
>
> Of course I can add some inhibit-read-only bindings in checkdoc.el but why
> not avoid those incompatibilities altogether.  How about the patch below?

I did not do that change.  I don't know what it was good for and so I don't
know if your patch solves the same problem.

I was also annoyed by this change because it breaks what is documented in the
example file, namely that for the broken output of Oracle's Pro*C, you can
just delete the newline in the middle of the filename to get it reparsed and
consequently found.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/