Re: FIles to be fixed with copyright header (year number)

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: FIles to be fixed with copyright header (year number)
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:26:18 +0100

> Our latest advice is that we should add the centuries.
> If someone wants to do that...

I already wrote some code for copyright.el (not checked in) that can
convert an existing list to the proper format.

I can work some more on this.

> Meanwhile, there are a few files that actually have ranges of years.
> All of those should be replaced with the correct list of years.
> However, one needs to find the *correct* list of years.
> If someone replaced 1990, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1999 with 1990-1999,
> we need to convert it back to the correct list.
> It would be erroneous to put each and every year between
> 1990 and 1999 into the list.
>
> If you want to find these files, and then use available information
> to determine which are the correct years for each one, that would
> be useful.  We could install the correct list of years.
>
> The correct list of years would include each year in which
> nontrivial changes were released.

The CVS log can tell you which years changes were made to a file.

It wouldn't be too hard to make a function which retrieves the
list of years automatically.

But how do you determine whether a change is nontrivial?