Re: Need w32 help

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Need w32 help
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:49:22 +0100

Dhruva Krishnamurthy <address@hidden> writes:

I tested it on Windows XP using MSVC 6.0, it compiles and works fine.
Open files allows me to open an existing file _only_.

That sounds like a step backwards. I can understand this behaviour for
platforms that do not let you create a new file from the open file
dialog, but why change those platforms that do?

Doesn't "New File..." allow you to do that? Anyway, the menu and toolbar are defined in menu-bar.el and toolbar/tool-bar.el and these files does not contain any platform specific code. It would be a shame to change that. The fact that Emacs has the same menu commands on all platforms is an andvantage for me at least.

        Jan D.