Re: intern-soft, find-face/get-face, and facep for determining faces' de

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: intern-soft, find-face/get-face, and facep for determining faces' definedness
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:23:23 -0500

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 07:01:49AM -0500, Stefan wrote:
> I've never seen the vector used in Elisp for anything, so yes: it's just
> a useless (and arguably ugly) artifact of the implementation.

They actually are used though, e.g., in `face-attribute'.  In that case they
are nice because they allow one to find the "final" value of a particular
face attribute.

However most lisp code can probably just use `face-attribute' instead.

-Miles
--
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
-Oscar Wilde