New easymenu behavior

From: David Ponce
Subject: New easymenu behavior
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:36:49 +0000

Hi,

It appears that this change:

2004-11-02  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>

        * emacs-lisp/easymenu.el (easy-menu-intern):
        Don't downcase; rather, case-flip the first letter of each word.

Introduced some incompatibility with the previous version of
easymenu. For example, now recentf creates a new "files" entry in the
menu bar instead of adding an entry in the "File" menu.

I think I can easily fix that by using the "Files" path instead of the
"files" one to locate the "File" menu.  Unfortunately, that change
also broke other code I have, and probably other existing code that
uses easymenu to locate menu items.

So my question: should I fix recentf or is the new easymenu behavior a
bug?  What about compatibility with existing code that uses easymenu?

I must confess, that I don't see why this change is necessary.

Any thoughts will be welcome.
Thank you in advance for your time.

David