Re: easymenu.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: easymenu.el
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:22:51 -0500

    >  I really think we should simply revert both changes to easy-menu-intern
and
    >  stop downcasing/upcasing anything: revert back to the 21.3 behavior.

The reason I changed easy-menu-intern to alter the name is so that
easy-menu would work with the standard menu items.  For instance, the
Options menu uses `options' as the symbol.  I changed easy-menu-intern
so it would convert "Options" into `options'.

If we take out this change, then either (1) we have to change the
symbols used in menu-bar.el, so that the Options menu uses `Options' as the
symbol, or (2) easy-menu will not work with those menus any more.

If we do (1), then programs that call define-key to set up menu items
in these menus will break.  However, I don't know how many of those
programs there are.