Re: Current CVS doesn't bootstrap

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Current CVS doesn't bootstrap
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 19:33:34 -0600 (CST)

Andreas Schwab wrote:

   Alternatively, we could implement an option that tells load to ignore
   *.elc files that are out of date and load the *.el file instead.

I believe that I forgot to read the word "option".  But that would
mean that we would still have to choose one of the two other
alternatives for users who did not want the option.  Also, as I
already pointed out, I do not believe that the option would solve the
most common present problems with `make bootstrap' without `make
maintainer-clean', even for those users who might choose to use the
option.

Sincerely,

Luc.