Re: DJGPP only dumps with USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE ??

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: DJGPP only dumps with USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE ??
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 00:03:26 +0200

> From: "Jan D." <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:02:30 +0100
> Cc: emacs devel <address@hidden>
>
> > "Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Shouldn't with and without
> >> USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE be the same at runtime?
> >
> > USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE implies #undef USE_LSB_TAG.  It looks like
> > USE_LSB_TAG
> > does not work on DJGPP.
>
> Aha, that is it.  #undef USE_LSB_TAG also produces a working Emacs.  I
> guess we should not use USE_LSB_TAG for DJGPP.  Is it anyone else who
> can dump Emacs with USE_LSB_TAG?

I do.  USE_LSB_TAG works in the DJGPP port since 18 May 2004, see the
entry I made on that day in src/ChangeLog (and the related entry from
15 May, 3 days before that).  You should be able to find a thread from
those days in emacs-devel's archives where Stefan helped me to find
and fix the bug that prevented LSB tags usage in the DJGPP port.

> It might be dependent on different versions of djgpp.

My version of DJGPP is the same as yours: 2.03, the latest.