Re: Boostrap error

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Boostrap error
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:32:57 +0000

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

> If I cd to /cygdrive/d/src/emacs-cygwin and make bootstrap I get the
> old message abount encoded-kb not found.

This is unrelated. If you build Emacs from the base directory using
Cygwin, then you get the Cygwin build of Emacs, where w32-fns.el is
not loaded. The Cygwin build should understand cygwin paths
automatically. To build a native Windows version of Emacs, you must
run configure and make bootstrap from emacs-cygwin/nt.

Judging by the messages you are getting though, you have run configure
from emacs-cygwin/nt most recently, and are trying to run make from
the base directory. It is not surprising that this is not working.