Re: gdb-ui.el assumes images support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gdb-ui.el assumes images support
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 06:28:50 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:59:42 -0500
>
> Maybe we should include fringe.c unconditionally, so that defining and
> looking up fringe bitmaps will always work, whether or not Emacs
> can actually display them.

I don't know if fringe.c will compile and link when no X libraries and
no window-system code is present (Kim?).  In any case, the bodies of
some of the functions should probably be conditioned on window-system,
either via #ifdef or a run-time check, if we include fringe.c.  And if
there's already code that tests whether the primitives defined by
fringe.c are fboundp, that code should now be changed to use some
other predicate.

Otherwise, this could be a solution.