Re: y-or-n-p-with-timeout

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: y-or-n-p-with-timeout
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 06:14:57 -0500

    > From a usability perspective I don't like these kinds of timeouts.
    > They might make sense when booting your computer, but when using
    > Emacs?  I can't think of a use-case for y-or-n-p-with-timeout.  If
    > nobody brings up an interesting example, I think we should declare it
    > obsolete.

    Agreed,

I think I added that function for compatibility with XEmacs.
Could someone check if that is true?

If the feature is painful to implement, and not really desirable in
itself, I guess compatibility is not enough reason to do the work to
implement.

Anyway, please tell me if you know of a good use for this function.
If I don't hear of one, I will mark it obsolete.