Re: DJGPP only dumps with USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE ??

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: DJGPP only dumps with USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE ??
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 18:28:18 +0100

This seems to indicate that DJGPP's `gcc' ignores the
__aligned__ annotation.  Could someone post something on some DJGPP
mailing-list to try and figure out what's really going on?

Very strange, considering Gnu/Linux and Cygwin are on the same machine.

It should not be an OS and libc issue, only a compiler issue.
At least, AFAIK.

I checked the assembler output from gcc and it seems OK, the .comm directives for s1 to 4 are the same as for GNU/Linux. So either the assembler or linker is doing something bad. DJGPP also runs something called stubify after the linker, I don't know what it does, but it could also be responsible.

        Jan D.