Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 24, Issue 78

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 24, Issue 78
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:44:36 +0100

I reverted this change.  (This file is for building Emacs with the old
version 1.x of DJGPP, where there's no djecho.exe.)

I appreciate the effort to do a thorough job for the changes you
introduce, but please in the future talk to me before changing any of
the DOS or DJGPP-specific configury stuff.  It is quite delicate, due
to the need to support several different MS platforms and due to the
general flakiness of the standard tools; and I have very little time
to work on Emacs these days, so I'm trying very hard to avoid any
unnecessary breakage.

Will do. But I looked at config.bat, and it didn't seem as there where any way to build Emacs without djecho:

set djgpp_ver=1
If ErrorLevel 20 set djgpp_ver=2
rm -f junk.c junk junk.exe
rem DJECHO is used by the top-level Makefile
Echo Checking whether 'djecho' is available...
redir -o Nul -eo djecho -o junk.$$$ foo
If Exist junk.$$$ Goto djechoOk
Echo To build 'Emacs' you need the 'djecho.exe' program!
Echo 'djecho.exe' is part of 'djdevNNN.zip' basic DJGPP development kit.
Echo Versions of DJGPP before 2.02 called this program 'echo.exe'.
Echo Either unpack 'djecho.exe' from the 'djdevNNN.zip' archive,
Echo or, if you have 'echo.exe', copy it to 'djecho.exe'.
Echo Then run CONFIG.BAT again with the same arguments you did now.
Goto End

Then again, I may have lost my way in the gotos...

        Jan D.