Re: Boostrap error

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Boostrap error
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:53:23 +0100

I did not know of cygwin-mount.el (or maybe I had forgotten). I searched for
the file and the most recent I found as far as I understand it is on
http://www.emacswiki.org/. It is from jan this year and there seem to have
been rather many persons contributing to it. It is GPL and have the rather
common remark "This file is *NOT* (yet?) part of GNU Emacs".

There is a remark in the file that it also works with some versions of MinGW
which I suppose should be MSYS. It works for me with MSYS (though I have not
tested building Emacs with this yet). A nice thing with MSYS is that
gnuclient can work with MSYS sh since it translates MSYS style path to ms
windows style path (which gnuclient uses internally for file name
expansion).

If it works for the build process it could probably save time and confusion.

- Lennart