Re: y-or-n-p-with-timeout

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: y-or-n-p-with-timeout
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:14:37 -0500

    >     Type-break mode with fixed-length periods between breaks could use
    >     such a function to prompt the user to take a break.  That way if the
    >     user returns to the machine after an extended period away, then any
    >     prompting will, correctly, be gone.
    >
    > Would we want type-break mode to use a dialog box?

    The same situation would then be a case for the dialog box to time
    out.  Using a dialog box would require an alternative for terminal
    display.

We're failing to communicate.  The question is whether this is
a real example of wanting to use a dialog box.

Do we really want type-break to use a dialog box?
Does type-break now use a dialog box?