Re: y-or-n-p-with-timeout

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: y-or-n-p-with-timeout
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:20:59 +0100

    If `y-or-n-p-with-timeout' is broken on some platforms in certain
    situations does this not automatically imply that `with-timeout' is
    broken on these same platforms in those same situations?

Yes, the timeout won't work if the code in Emacs is not running timers.

Since it turns out there is no harm in running Lisp code within
BLOCK_INPUT, can we arrange to check Lisp timers in the
places that currently fail to do so?

This should only be needed where we BLOCK_INPUT for a longer time, and the places I know of are menus and dialogs. Are there any other operations that needs to be considered? I'm fixing menus and dialogs right now.

        Jan D.