Re: DJGPP only dumps with USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE ??

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: DJGPP only dumps with USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE ??
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:17:46 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:36:29 +0200
From: "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden

I will modify config.bat to do this test and build Emacs
appropriately.

Done.  Could you please see if the new config.bat disables USE_LSB_TAG
automatically on your system?

If you see any problems, the place where I changed config.bat is near
the label "alignOk"; please see what is necessary to make it work for
you, and tell me how to fix it.

The test fails, because echo/cmd.exe does not like &, it expects a command after it:

Configuring the source directory...
int main(void) { return (unsigned long)
'foo' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
d:/djgpp/lib/crt0.o(.data+0xc2):crt0.s: undefined reference to `_main'
d:/djgpp/lib/libc.a(crt1.o)(.text+0x404):crt1.c: undefined reference to `_main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
junk: No such file or directory (ENOENT)
'junk' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

After reading some manuals, this makes it work (don't know if this is applicable to other DOS variants):

echo int main(void) { return (unsigned long)^&foo %% 8; }           >>junk.c

(i.e. a ^ before &).

But defining DECL_ALIGN in config.h does not disable USE_LSB_TAG. The only way, sort of modifying lisp.h of course, is to define USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE instead.

        Jan D.