Re: DJGPP only dumps with USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE ??

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: DJGPP only dumps with USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE ??
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:33:01 +0200

> Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:17:46 +0100
> From: "Jan D." <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> After reading some manuals, this makes it work (don't know if this is
> applicable to other DOS variants):
>
> echo int main(void) { return (unsigned long)^&foo %% 8; }           >>junk.c
>
> (i.e. a ^ before &).

I will see if this works with COMMAND.COM.

Alternatively, we could tell users to use "command /c config msdos",
but I dislike such solutions unless there's no better way.

> But defining DECL_ALIGN in config.h does not disable USE_LSB_TAG.

Ouch, you are right.

> The only
> way, sort of modifying lisp.h of course, is to define USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE
> instead.

I don't want to force use of USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE.  I will add
something to disable LSB tags, that could be something other platforms
might need (we had a discussion in the past, and I think there was an
agreement that there should be a general way to disable LSB tags).

Thanks.