Re: defconst in life.el

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: defconst in life.el
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:39:09 -0600 (CST)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   This looks wrong.  The variable is indeed treated like a constant,
   as far as I can tell.

This is difficult to tell.  It at first glance looks like something a
knowledgeble user might want to change and play around with.
(Something that might even be a defcustom.)  But I will _keep_ this
particular defconst to err on the conservative side in terms of making
changes, especially since I am not really familiar with the file.
This particular defconst definitely produces no compiler warnings.

Maybe somebody who uses life.el could give a more definitive answer.
(But maybe you use it.)

Sincerely,

Luc.