Re: a simple convenience function

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: a simple convenience function
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:22:54 +0100

Though I found the behaviour suggested by Paul much more mnemonic when bound
to the Home key. It is also found in some other editors.

- Lennart

PS: Maybe I should write it as

(defun home-or-back-to-indentation()
  (interactive)
  (if (bolp) (back-to-indentation) (beginning-of-line)))

(define-key global-map [home] 'home-or-back-to-indentation)