Re: defconst in life.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: defconst in life.el
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:00:02 -0500

    I believe all uses of defconst in life.el are wrong.  Most are changed
    in functions in life.el itself and produce compiler warnings.  Unless
    there are objections, I will install the following patch.  My previous
    message to the author could not be delivered, which probably means
    that the file is no longer maintained.

I am pretty he would no longer want to help anyway.  Thanks for fixing
these; would you please install your patch?

Also please add ;; Maintainer: FSF to indicate that it isn't
maintained by the author any more.

It would also be useful to verify that the code initializes
these variables when it should.