jpeg problem for NT Emacs

From: Plamen Todorov
Subject: jpeg problem for NT Emacs
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:25:39 +0100 (Central European Standard Time)

Hello,
I had a problem compiling JPEG support for NT emacs 21.3.50. After trying to
load a JPEG image I could see the following message:
 "JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 432, caller expects
464",
which is reported by jdapimin.c module of the JPEG library (version 6b-3).

image.c includes jpeglib.h. It includes jcontrol.h, which:
#ifdef __WIN32__
#include <windows.h>
/* Define "boolean" as unsigned char, not int, per Windows custom */
//#ifndef __RPCNDR_H__     /* don't conflict if rpcndr.h already read */
#ifndef boolean     /* don't conflict if rpcndr.h already read */
typedef unsigned char boolean;
#endif

Then, in jmorecfg.h:
#ifndef HAVE_BOOLEAN
typedef int boolean;
#endif

Since the define __WIN32__ is not by default set for windows compilation, the
JPEG related structures of image.c are compiled with typedef int boolean. Then
in image.c, fn_jpeg_CreateDecompress(...) call, the sizeof(cinfo)  computes
different size (464) than the one jpeg62.dll expects (432).

By passing -D__WIN32__ to cflags of configure.bat, everything is ok - the
compiled emacs can open JPEG files.

Shouldn't this #define be set by default in nmake.defs ?

Plamen