Re: completing-read case problem

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: completing-read case problem
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:49:22 -0700

[Please don't top-post.]

Lennart Borgman wrote:
> Case insensitive please! (I am using ms windows so I am biased by my
> habits in this case, but I would believe that a lot of users like case
> insensitive handling. Compare with mail-addresses for example, they
> are since long not case sensitive.)

Internet mail addresses are defined by IETC RFCs, and have always been
case insensitive.  They have as much to do with the matter at hand as
whether or not file names in different file systems are case sensitive:
nothing.

Customization group names are Emacs Lisp symbols, which are by
definition case sensitive.

--
Kevin Rodgers