Re: a simple convenience function

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: a simple convenience function
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:14:30 +0100

Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

> What do others think about the tradeoff between the "never move right"
> and the "make behavior predictable without looking at text"
> constraints?

I really like your predictable behavior.  I never thought about it
that way, but now that you put it this way, I think "dwim" in this
situation should be independent of where point is in the text.  It
should depend on what the user did, instead.

I'm not sure I like your "beginning of window" step, however, because
I usually hop through buffers in paragraphs, sexps, or defuns, or
whatever the text-based unit is.  Using a display-based unit is weird.

Alex.
--
.O.  http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/
..O  Schroeder's fifth law: