assoc-string in NEWS

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: assoc-string in NEWS
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:44:17 -0600 (CST)

I believe I remember talk on emacs-devel of adding `assoc-string' to
NEWS, but I can not find any reference to it, searching using C-s.

What about the following patch, which also corrects some typos to
another recent entry?

===File ~/NEWS-diff=========================================
*** NEWS        16 Nov 2004 11:15:33 -0600      1.1068
--- NEWS        17 Nov 2004 20:28:13 -0600
***************
*** 2357,2366 ****

  +++
  ** The new function `called-interactively-p' does what many people
! have mistakenly believed `interactively-p' did: it returns t if the
! calling function was called through `call-interactively'.
! This should only be used when you cannot add a new "interactively"
! argument to the command.

  +++
  ** An interactive specification may now use the code letter 'U' to get
--- 2357,2371 ----

  +++
  ** The new function `called-interactively-p' does what many people
! have mistakenly believed `interactive-p' did: it returns t if the
! calling function was called through `call-interactively'.  This should
! only be used when you cannot add a new "interactive" argument to the
! command.
!
! +++
! ** The new function `assoc-string' replaces `assoc-ignore-case' and
! `assoc-ignore-representation', which are still available, but have
! been declared obsolete.

  +++
  ** An interactive specification may now use the code letter 'U' to get