Re: Changes to lisp/progmodes/idlw-*.el

From: JD Smith
Subject: Re: Changes to lisp/progmodes/idlw-*.el
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:27:47 -0700

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 09:23, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >    Is there a recommendation on assoc-ignore-case?
>
> > Yes it has been declared obsolete and using it produces the following
> > compiler warning:
>
> > Warning: `assoc-ignore-case' is an obsolete function; use
> > `assoc-string' instead.
>
> But since assoc-string is a new function, any package which wants to run on
> older Emacsen will want to stick to assoc-ignore-case for a few more years.

I've left assoc-ignore-case in for now.  If you'd like to revert it to
assoc-string for distribution with a new Emacs, feel free to do so.  The
new idlw-help.el file I just added also has a couple of instances of
assoc-ignore-case.  I'll be sticking with the latter in my source
distribution, at least for now.

JD