Re: buff-menu.el header line

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: buff-menu.el header line
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:31:02 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) said:
> Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It would also be nice to be able to move into the header and invoke the
>> "sort by" function by typing RET on it.
>
> No!!
>
> The next "nice thing" would be to be able to move into the toolbar,
> menu, or mode-line and select things there with RET.

I agree with Kim.

However Andreas does have a point too. I see no reason not to add a few key
bindings to buff-menu.el to be able to sort the buffer.

Something like C-c C-s C-b for sort-buffername
               C-c C-s C-s for sort-size
               C-c C-s C-m for sort-mode
               C-c C-s C-f for sort-file
               C-c C-s C-u for sort-unsorted

Maybe this should be done after the release.

Stephan
--
Stephan Stahl