RE: buff-menu.el header line

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: buff-menu.el header line
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:24:16 -0800

       The misalignment can be fixed by deleting the space before the `CRM'
        in `list-buffers-noselect' on line 648 of emacs/lisp/buff-menu.el

        Change
             (header (concat " " (propertize "CRM " 'face 'fixed-pitch)
             (header (concat (propertize "CRM " 'face 'fixed-pitch)

    That space was obviously put there for a reason,
    so this can't be a real fix.

    What change was it that caused this bug to appear?

Just a guess, but in Emacs 20 the header has " MR Buffer " instead of "CRM
Buffer ". Perhaps, instead of the C replacing the initial space, it was
added after it.

BTW, there is nothing particularly mnemonic about "CRM". I suspect that most
users will never guess what the letters stand for...and they don't need to.
I suggest we remove "CRM" altogether: it hurts more than helps
understanding.