Re: bootstrap failure

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: bootstrap failure
Date: 20 Nov 2004 05:38:34 -0500

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

   You mean that you can actually do a successful `make
   bootstrap' with the very latest CVS?  I can not.

my bad.  i only changed Makefile.in target `recompile',
not thinking more broadly (about bootstrap and other
processes).  so it looks like i did not fix the problem
but instead made it worse.  sorry about that.

i have just checked in src/eval.c that initializes the
value of `max-specpdl-size' to 650, as well as reverted
lisp/Makefile.in for both `recompile' and `compile'.

(at first i thought it would be better to address the
problem where it showed up, but now i think Stefan's
suggestion to bump the value is better because it is
more general.)

thi