Re: cc-mode adds newlines

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: cc-mode adds newlines
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:46:51 +0100

   The current setup is broken because it does things behind the
   user's back.

Get of your high horse, the current setup is broken according to
_you_, I like the current setup.  If you do not like it, you can fix
it in your .emacs.  I won't be trying to start useless discussions if
the defaults do change, since I will just edit my .emacs and I will
continue to be a happy person.

The only broken thing might be the implementation, having
require-final-newline to be a alist of modes where you want to have
final newlines would be a good thing.  Maybe you would like to add
such a feature?

   Thus, so far you never stated that you actually do want a
   c-require-final-newline different from require-final-newline, more
   or less contradicting the part you quote here.

There is no contradiction, _some_ people might want it.  It happens
that for me they are the same.