Re: Comments on lispref/locals.texi.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Comments on lispref/locals.texi.
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:55:26 -0600 (CST)

Matt Hodges wrote:

   The following variables are listed as being automatically buffer
   local in lispref/locals.texi:

       paragraph-separate
       paragraph-start
       require-final-newline

   but this doesn't appear to be true. (viper-non-hook-settings does make
   require-final-newline automatically buffer local.)

   I don't know if minor-modes should be there; minor_modes is documented
   in (info "(elisp)Buffer Internals").

   These are all included in elint-standard-variables, which may need
   updating.

`scroll-bar-mode' is also listed as being automatically buffer local
in lispref/locals.texi and this does not appear to be buffer local
either.  This one is not included in `elint-standard-variables'.
`scroll-bar-mode' is an internal variable that has no effect if set
directly.  I believe that it should not be listed even if it actually
were buffer local, which it does not appear to be.

Sincerely,

Luc.