Re: help with URL module needed

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: help with URL module needed
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:42:50 -0500

   From: Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>
   Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:59:38 +0100

   Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> writes:

   > Unfortunately, this doesn't help here (I recompiled Emacs and
   > verified that "\r\n" is not appended after POST data anymore.)  I
   > still get ``200 OK'' with invalid password and ``411 Length
   > Required'' with the valid one.

   I have no idea why it does not work for you.  It does fix the bug for
   me, using your testcase.

pardon me if this is now resolved; my isp (where i read emacs-devel)
just switched things around and i suspect i've lost some mail...

i think you have to omit CRLF only for POST data w/ content-type
application/x-www-form-urlencoded -- in Guile-WWW[1], for example, there
is special-case handling for this, while other POST data is handled more
or less "normally".

ok, that's the extent of my understanding of this wrinkle.

thi

[1] http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/guile-www/
    (see file "http.scm")