Re: AW: behavior of vc-recompute-state in combination withvc-cvs-stay-lo

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: AW: behavior of vc-recompute-state in combination withvc-cvs-stay-local is t
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:39:31 +0100

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 12:21 +0100, address@hidden wrote:

> But what i still do not understand, why vc-recompute-state behaves
> different related if the repository is local or remote 8at least this
> is the only difference i can imagine between the two testcases - see
> my first postin, steps 4 and 3?

For a local repository, VC does indeed call "cvs status" in
vc-recompute-state, even if vc-cvs-stay-local is t.  This setting only
affects remote repositories.

> So, which mysterious things are done by revert-buffer so *after* it
> vc-state returns correct 'up-to-date state but wrong 'edited state if
> called *before* the revert-buffer???

Function vc-state uses a cached value of the vc-state property (via
vc-file-getprop).  This value gets recomputed in the course of
revert-buffer, which is a sensible thing to do, I would think?