Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/sysdep.c

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/sysdep.c
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:28:33 -0500

> What did you wish to do using emergency escape under a window system?

Get out of a infinite elisp loop executed while inhibit-quit is non-nil
(e.g. an infinite loop in a post-command-hook or a timer).
Yes, I can kill the Emacs process, but it's a real pity to have to do that
when there's nothing really wrong with it.
Of course, all those cases are bugs we should fix, but they do happen,
sometimes while writing/testing/debugging code.

> Most parts of Emacs will quit *very soon* if you type C-g.

Yes, for those C-g is all we need.  But there are others, like `write'.

        Stefan