Re: encrypt.el

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: encrypt.el
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:55:50 -0500

On 21 Oct 2004, address@hidden wrote:

> I can make this change [move encrypt.el to lisp/] and add
> documentation for encrypt.el.  I just need to know who will import
> my changes into the Emacs CVS.

I now have CVS access for Emacs so I will do this.  I need to clarify,
however, how encrypt.el will coexist with the Gnus version.  Should I
remove encrypt.el from Gnus, or leave it in as a duplicate of the
Emacs tree version?

If I remove encrypt.el from Gnus, I will also ask that it be added to
the XEmacs source tree, or I'll put it in gnus/lisp/contrib/.  I know
as of yesterday, encrypt.el was treated as part of Gnus in XEmacs,
while netrc.el was not (netrc.el being the main reason why encrypt.el
is needed).  Please advise if you have different opinions on this
matter.

Thanks!
Ted