Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/sysdep.c

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/sysdep.c
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:10:06 -0500

    > Most parts of Emacs will quit *very soon* if you type C-g.

    Yes, for those C-g is all we need.  But there are others, like `write'.

For `write', and maybe other exceptional places where at present C-g
won't ever exit the loop, I suggested that we make a single C-g exit,
but only if there has been no progress in the loop for 30 seconds.

Wouldn't that solve the problem?