Display problem with recent CVS

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Display problem with recent CVS
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:39:57 +0100

I recompiled Carbon Emacs on MacOSX from the CVS version yesterday. I
noticed a strange display problem. It appears with creating emails with VM
with the vmpc extensions (which a.o. inserts a signature in a new message).
I don't know how to reproduce it in a virgin Emacs.

It starts with a buffer with the following contents:

,----
| FCC: ~/Mail/OUTBOX
|
| --
| Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>
| Private email: address@hidden
`----

When I start typing text in the body, followed by a RETURN, the signature
disappears. It is not removed from the buffer, just not displayed, because
it reappears with C-l. Is this a known problem?