Re: encrypt.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: encrypt.el
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:45:49 -0500

> >> I need to clarify, however, how encrypt.el will coexist with the
> >> Gnus version.  Should I remove encrypt.el from Gnus, or leave it in
> >> as a duplicate of the Emacs tree version?
> >
> > [I think you mean Gnus repository here, right?]
>
> Gnus CVS is synchronized with Emacs these days, so it would be both.
>
> > No Gnus is supposed to run on Emacs 21.1 (and up) and XEmacs 21.4 (and
> > up).  Wouldn't removing encrypt.el break running Gnus on versions
> > before Emacs 21.4?
>
> Yes, and I'll leave it in on yours and Simon Josefsson's advice.  So I
> will only add encrypt.el to the Emacs lisp/ tree without removing it
> from anywhere else.
>
> I do wish that CVS supported symlinks :)

It doesn't have to be at the same place in Emacs and in Gnus.
I.e. in Gnus it can stay in gnus/lisp/encrypt.el, while in Emacs we can move
it from emacs/lisp/gnus/encrypt.el to emacs/lisp/encrypt.el.

The gateway between the two CVS repositories goes through Arch and can
handle file moves just fine.

        Stefan