Re: why does occur depropertize matching lines?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: why does occur depropertize matching lines?
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 20:40:16 -0500

I noticed an apparent confusion in the code that was inverting the meaning
of the KEEP-PROPS parameter; so I fixed that.  The current code
should keep the fontification of ALL the lines from the buffer.

    It seems there is a need in a new face to display matching strings.
    Such a face could be used also in other packages: to highlight matches
    in *grep* buffer and apropos documentation.

I don't entirely understand this point.  Are you saying that bold
isn't sufficient to stand out?  If so, we could change the value of
list-matching-lines-face.