Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:40:21 -0500

    I propose the following changes to man/custom.texi, which I can
    install if desired.  The `cond' form in the example might look
    intimidating to the non-Elisp user, but so does the present `if' form,
    certainly with the (necessary) `progn' in the "else" part added.
    People may want custom files for more than two versions.

Please install your patch.  Also please replace these two lines

        The variable @code{custom-file} is useful if you want to have
      different customizations for different Emacs versions:

with this:

        You can also use @code{custom-file} to specify different
      customization files for different Emacs versions, like this:

The old text of these lines is written in a way that implies
introduction of a new topic, which is wrong because the topic is not
new at that point.