Re: GC crashes

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: GC crashes
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 07:04:15 +0100

   Programs which are known not to work are:
* emacs starts up but immediately concludes it is out of memory and aborts. Emacs has it's own memory-management scheme, but I don't understand why this should interact so badly with Valgrind. Emacs
       works fine if you build it to use the standard malloc/free
       routines.

Then maybe someone should build it to use the standard malloc/free routines and try? (Yes, yes I should do it myself instead of bogging everybody else, but I don't have that much CPU time and I have not seen the infamous memory
corruption yet, so I'm not that curious.)

I just tried that, but it failed in the same way.

        Jan D.