Re: Recent problems with `make bootstrap'.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Recent problems with `make bootstrap'.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:47:38 -0500

   From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
   Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:29:38 +0100

   Objection.  You have _invested_ some time writing `line-spacing' docs.

i passed through the same chunk of time as everyone else (sentient).
it was not my own to invest.  however, it is true i spent my own energy.

   While you personally are not likely to get a positive return on this
   particular investment (even though occasionally writing docs may
   actually make one understand the issue at hand and save time later),
   you are getting a positive return of your time from other people that
   write other docs saving you time in other areas.

i have learned that `line-spacing' the frame parameter and
`line-spacing' the permanently buffer-local variable are different
things.  i got to play a little w/ emacs in the process, experimenting.
it was fun.  perhaps my understanding of these concepts is not thorough
enough to write authoritative documentation, but i wrote what i observed
anyway.  hopefully if there are problems people will find and fix them.

thi