Dragging the mode line

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Dragging the mode line
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:01:13 +1300

I sometimes select another buffer (mode-line-unbury-buffer) when I really want
to drag the mode line because I accidently select part of the mode-line
which displays the buffer name.

How about removing this line from bindings.el:

(define-key map [mode-line down-mouse-1] 'ignore)

Now you can drag the mode line there but if you release the mouse without
dragging you still get the current behaviour.

Note: bindings.el is loaded by loadup.el so you have to dump a fresh emacs
to see this behaviour.

Nick