Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Improvement in emacs-diffs list

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Improvement in emacs-diffs list
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:33:03 +0200

> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:49:13 +0100
> From: Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> > > Thanks to the Savannah hackers team, emacs-diffs should now receive
> > > notifications only for changes to the trunk.
> >
> > Does that mean that I need to remove myself from emacs-trunk-diffs and
> > resubscribe to emacs-diffs?
>
> Actually I wasn't aware that this mailing-list, created for testing
> purposes, was used by other developers.

I didn't know about emacs-trunk-diffs until I saw its name cited in a
thread on emacs-devel.  Then I recalled my old gripe about large
chunks of irrelevant diffs being sent to emacs-diffs, and said to
myself: great, they finally created a solution for that, but just
forgot to advertize it, or maybe some mail disaster prevented me from
seing the announcement.  And since lists.gnu.org happily let me
subscribe, I never looked back...

> RMS asked me to delete emacs-trunk-diffs, so you need to subscribe to
> emacs-diffs again.

Done, thanks.