Re: Permission to use portions of the recent GNU Emacs Manual

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Permission to use portions of the recent GNU Emacs Manual
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:03:23 +0100

>     OK, for books it makes sense.  But it doesn't for material such
>     as the elisp manual (which is not published).
>
> We published it in the past, and I hope that we or others will publish
> it in the future.

Is there some drawback that we'd have to encounter if things like the
Elisp manual were dual-licenced GPL and GFDL?  While I don't think
that this would help the XEmacs people with their current predicament,
it would at least guarantee that stuff like that does not get excluded
from Debian distributions; and with the electronic forms of the
manuals, the GPL appears more appropriate to me.