Re: New files url.texi and org.texi

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: New files url.texi and org.texi
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:26:12 -0600 (CST)

Dave Love wrote:

   > As I see it, @inforef means that there is no published
   > manual, so we refer to the info file.

   That's not what the manual says about it, and as it refers to an
   Info-only file,

The Texinfo manual looks ambiguous in as far as this problem is
concerned.  I will ask the maintainers of that manual to clarify.

   it isn't appropriate if you're producing HTML manuals.

I produced HTML versions of both the URL and emacs-mime manuals.  The
particular inforef we are talking about worked perfectly.  It produces
a working hyperlink to the HTML version of the emacs-mime manual, and
does not refer to the Info manual.

Sincerely,

Luc.