Re: `etags' bug?

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: `etags' bug?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:53:03 +0100

>It seems that behaviour of `etags' is broken.

Dear Paul, I cannot reproduce the behaviour you observe, neither with
the stock emacs 21.3 etags nor with the latest etags in the CVS.  It may
be a platform-dependent bug; I use a Debian system running on i686.

Before going on to debug it, make sure you are indeed using the latest
version:

$ strings ../etags|fgrep 'pot rev'
@(#) pot revision number is 17.5

and try to recompile it from scratch, to reduce the possibility that you
used some unstable library or similar problems.

If you can reproduce the bug with this version, please contact me, so we
can find a way to debug this.