Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:56:32 +0200

> It applies to escape sequences, so I think the name fits.  I will see
> if the doc string should be changed.

It applies not only to escape sequences, but also to control characters.
So the name is too specific.  A better name should indicate the purpose
of the face, for instance, `warning' face.

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> I think this looks better too -- but the current escape-glyph face
> doesn't stand out very much -- what about "red" foreground instead?

"red" is too strong color and usually used to highlight errors.
Better colors are "dark red" or even "OrangeRed3".

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/